Howard Ballard established the Ballard Funeral Home at 315 Broad Street East, Dunnville in 1937. The early days were difficult for Howard. Quite often he was paid for his services with local produce such as vegetables, fruit and even chickens. With his commitment and long hours both the funeral home and the community flourished. In 1952 he added the Chapel to the existing building.
In 1970 upon retirement Howard sold the business to Wes Kee of nearby Cayuga. In 1975 Dennis McDonald purchased and changed the name to Ballard McDonald Funeral Home where he served the community for the next 20 years.
In 1995 Gordon and Beverley Minor took over the business and in 2000 the name was changed to Ballard Minor Funeral Home. We endeavour to serve each family with dignity and an awareness of their needs during their time of grief and loss.
315 Broad Street East
Dunnville, Ontario, N1A 1G4